Friday, December 9, 2011

An update to family (November 18th, 2011)

(Since it is now December and I am finally sitting down to write all of this down, I am pretty much just cutting and pasting from my facebook page for these updates until I get caught up.  I hope to add clinic appointments and misc. items as they occur from now on.)

November 18th, 2011

A family friend had asked for an update on facebook and this was the reply I gave. 

Jacob is doing ok. His blood pressures are fluctuating some, but they are not critically high, but not always where the doc wants him to be. I have a feeling we will be increasing his one med when we go for an appointment Tuesday. The prednisone is making him irritable and really hungry and he hates it. He went back to school Wednesday. He says he is doing okay, but not at his full energy level yet. Joe and I have been reading up on IgA glomerulonephritis and somethings sound promising and others do not. He has his age for him as far as possibility of going into remission. Had he gotten this 20 yrs from now, we would mostly likely be looking at dialysis and kidney transplant. We have no idea what the cause is. His pediatrician and I think that maybe he was predisposed to an autoimmune disorder (since I have rheumatoid arthritis) and his body just went all wacky with a virus and this came on. We may never know. Joe and I have gone back to work so we really have not had time to really digest all of it and come up with questions to ask the doc on Tuesday. I am sure by then we will have a page worth for him to answer. Jacob is also now part of a research study on this. Hopefully Tuesday we will find out some more as far as likely progression of the disease and such...

No comments:

Post a Comment